Students need to complete one attendance form per day. If the student attends school on A day they will complete the A Day students form on days of remote learning. Please enter your Last name followed by your First name as indicated.
PE Google Classroom Links
CATS Commitment Homework Help
August 17 Teacher’s Institute No School
August 18 School Begins A/B Schedule
August 24 Teacher Remote Planning No Students
September 7 Labor Day No School
September 14 Begin 8 AM - 12 PM Schedule
September 14 WILDCAT MONDAY Select Students
September 21 Remote Day/Teacher In-Service
September 28 WILDCAT MONDAY Select Students October 5 Student In-Person B Students
October 7 & 8 Parent-Teacher Conferences Virtual Meetings
October 9 & 12 Columbus Day Break No School
October 19 WILDCAT MONDAY Select Students
October 26 Remote Day/Teacher In-Service
November 2 Student In-Person A Students
November 9 Student In-Person B Students
November 16 WILDCAT MONDAY Select Students
November 23 Student In-Person B Students
November 24 Student In-Person A Students
November 25-27 Thanksgiving Break No School
November 30 WILDCAT MONDAY Select Students
December 7 Remote Day/Teacher In-Service
December 14 WILDCAT MONDAY Select Students December 21 - Jan. 1 Christmas Break No School
Parents, students, and friends of Galva Junior/Senior High School:
It is with great pleasure and excitement that I welcome you to the 2020-2021 school year at Galva Junior Senior High School. This is clearly going to be a school year that none of us expected or anticipated, but our goal is to continue to provide the quality education that your student deserves. This is a new experience for our entire community. Nonetheless, our staff has worked tirelessly to prepare for the uncertainty of a school year in the midst of an ever changing world-wide pandemic. Planning continued throughout the spring and summer and our final plan was developed in accordance with Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), and Galva CUSD #224 Board of Education guidance.
As previously published, 7-12 grade students will attend school on an A/B schedule, every other day, with the day at home dedicated to remote learning. Monday in-person attendance will be reserved for students who are failing any class or require additional one-on-one assistance from teachers. Parents will be notified on the Friday before the Monday mandatory attendance day.
I want to focus this year’s letter on the first couple of days and how procedures have changed:
- ALL students should be dropped off at the front (east side, canopy) of the building.
- Students will be assigned a door for entrance based on grade. After arrival, students will report to the assigned door wearing their mask and lining up with social distancing. Teachers will be at each entrance to supervise. (please see attached).
- Teachers will begin health/safety check-ins at 7:45 AM – not before this time.
- Students will move as a group once check-in is complete to lockers and first period.
- All students must stay to the right in hallways when moving with proper social distancing.
- Grab and Go Breakfast is available each day for students upon arrival into the building.
- Socially distanced lockers will be assigned in the first days of school for storage.
- We are currently not eating lunches at school until September 14th when our day moves to 8 AM – 1 PM. Prior to the schedule change, I will send out information on how our lunches will operate.
- ALL students will leave from the front entrances at staggered times leading up to final dismissal times. Please pick up all students in the front parking lot.
What Students Need for School
During this period of time of hybrid learning, students will need minimal school supplies and I ask that students bring very few items from home, especially the first week. We intend to send very little home to start. Students will be using Chromebooks all day. We want to reduce the exchanging of materials for everyone’s safety. As we progress through the first weeks of school, this requirement may change slightly.
*I highly recommend every student bring their own personal hand sanitizer and extra mask.
NO outside food or drink will be allowed in the building. Water only
- Parents/guardians/guests/visitors will not be allowed in the building during regular school hours.
- Parents should use electronic means to contact the school or staff. The school can arrange virtual meetings if required. Appointments may be necessary.
- Any item dropped off for a student after school begins will have to be coordinated with office staff for pick-up outside building.
Unlike this past spring, attendance is required by students each day they are not in-person. Students are required to sign-in to a Google Attendance Form that will appear on the Galva Jr/Sr High Website once school starts. Students will need to log in to account for the day’s learning activities.
Thank you all for your continued support of Galva Jr/Sr High School. This is a quick start-up letter as we begin an unprecedented new year of learning. Thank you and we can’t wait to see everyone on the 18th and 19th of August.
Jerry J. Becker, Principal
Galva Junior Senior High School
Check us out on Facebook: Galva JR/SR High School
Twitter: @JerryJBecker and @GalvaAthletics
It’s a great day to be a Wildcat!
This Week in Pictures
After nearly 150 days away from the building, we are back! Quite a bit has changed, but one thing is for sure - the Wildcats are ready for the 2020-2021 School Year!!